Monday, January 17, 2011

My Pink sport jacket part 1


The above picture is from thesartorialist.com and I think this a smashing color for a sportscoat. Personaly I wouldn't have chosen to wear it with a black shirt, but it does look very cool on this gentleman. Even though summer was almost over then, I decided I needed one for next summer...

As it turned out, finding it was kind of a challange, but the dandy pink jacket was still on my mind...

Two weeks ago I was in  Hong Kong and a tailor was recommended to me by a well dressed friend. To be honest I was/am always was a bit sceptic when it comes to tailored suits from Asia. However, I decided to at least visit the tailer and to inform about the options, price, lead time etc. when this smashing pink fabric caught my attention... Within five minutes the kind tailor was shouting notes to his assistant in Cantonese and I had a big smile on my face.


At the time I didn't have my camera with me, but pictures of the first fitting will follow ina couple of months.
I ordered the jacket with double split and plain white half lining on the inside. The anticipation about the end result is growing, but from other work I saw at the tailor I trust that it will turn out great. I really wanted this jacket for quite some time and somehow planning ahead my purchases a couple of seasons somehow is very satisfying. Like I know that if it takes a long time to get it I will enjoy the jacket more and longer...

To be continued...

1 comment: